23Ah Lithium Battery + Fast Lithium Battery Charger – No Battery Case or Cables
- If you are receiving a low battery warning and/or the length of time your machine will operate has significantly decreased you may require a new battery. If your machine will not turn on at all please ensure that the master switch on the underside of the machine (or front panel if you have the latest v2 model) is set to the correct setting, ie | for internal battery or || for external battery (or AC Power). Also, if you have an external battery please replace the 30V 15A mini-fuse that is in the small black rubber pouch that is on the red wire inside the battery pack as it could have blown.
This battery is a replacement for our Sealed Lead Acid Battery. If you already have the battery case and cables this is all you need. Our new 23Ah Lithium Battery has the following advantages over the standard SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) Battery which has been offered with the Spinfire Pro 2 to date:
- 6 lb weight vs 14 lb, This makes both the Spinfire Pro 2 External Battery Pack model and the Internal Battery Model much lighter.
- 4x the charge/discharge cycles, ie 2,000. This means the battery will have 4x the battery life before it needs to be replaced.
- Faster charging time: 8-hr charge time for the Lithium Standard Charger vs 11 Hours for the SLA Standard Charger.
- Up to twice the power of an SLA battery as the voltage never declines as the battery depletes, which is typical with SLA batteries.
- 2 year Battery warranty vs 6 months for the SLA battery. Charger warranty: 1 year.
- 23Ah capacity vs 20ah. This means 15% more running time.
- 100% reliable & safe.
This includes the 8-hr Fast Lithium Battery Charger that interfaces to the custom Spinfire Battery Connector for charging. You must not use our regular SLA Battery Chargers to charge this battery.
If you are replacing a sealed lead acid battery with this battery please check the metal ring terminals on the battery cable that is attached to the terminals on your battery. Older cables may only have a 4mm inner hole but newer cables have a 6mm inner hole and the latter is required to connect to this battery. Please refer to the image at the left which shows the measurement we are referring to. If they are 4mm you can purchase a newer battery cable here.
You can also save some money by replacing the terminals yourself. To do this you would unscrew both terminals from the battery, then cut off the old terminals where they meet the red and and black wires, strip the wires 1/4″ and then crimp on the new terminals which we will provide for free. You would need a crimper to do this, available at a hardware store for under $20. When ordering please let us know if you need the terminals.
If you have an external battery pack all you need to do is remove the cables from the leads on the battery using a screwdriver and small wrench or pliers and re-attach them to the new battery, taking care to connect red (+) and black (-) wires to the terminals with the same color and marketings on the battery. If you have an internal battery you must remove the control panel and cover in order to replace the battery. Here are 2 videos that show how to do this:
You can also order the Spinfire Portable Battery Pack Upgrade to convert the Spinfire Pro 2 with internal battery to an External Battery Model.