23Ah Lithium Battery + Fast Lithium Battery Charger – Ships Late September
- If you are receiving a low battery warning and/or the length of time your machine will operate has significantly decreased you may require a new battery. If your machine will not turn on at all please ensure that the master switch on the underside of the machine (or front panel if you have the latest v2 model) is set to the correct setting, ie | for internal battery or || for external battery (or AC Power). Also, if you have an external battery please replace the 30V 15A mini-fuse that is in the small black rubber pouch that is on the red wire inside the battery pack as it could have blown.
This battery is a replacement for our Sealed Lead Acid Battery. Our new 23Ah Lithium Battery has the following advantages over the standard SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) Battery which has been offered with the Spinfire Pro 2 to date:
- 6 lb weight vs 14 lb, This makes both the Spinfire Pro 2 External Battery Pack model and the Internal Battery Model much lighter.
- 4x the charge/discharge cycles, ie 2,000. This means the battery will have 4x the battery life before it needs to be replaced.
- Faster charging time: 8-hr charge time for the Lithium Standard Charger vs 11 Hours for the SLA Standard Charger.
- Up to twice the power of an SLA battery as the voltage never declines as the battery depletes, which is typical with SLA batteries.
- 2 year Battery warranty vs 6 months for the SLA battery. Charger warranty: 1 year.
- 23Ah capacity vs 20ah. This means 15% more running time.
- 100% reliable & safe.
This includes the 8-hr Fast Lithium Battery Charger that interfaces to the custom Spinfire Battery Connector for charging. You must not use our regular SLA Battery Chargers to charge this battery.
Please also check if you have the newer battery cable that has ring terminals with an internal hole diameter of 6mm. If you have an External Battery Model then remove the cables from your battery terminals in order to measure the ring terminal holes. If you have an Internal Battery Model please call us for instructions on how to measure the internal battery ring terminals. If the terminals do not have a 6mm hole diameter you must purchase the newer External Battery Cable.
If you have an external battery pack all you need to do is remove the cables from the leads on the battery using a screwdriver and small wrench or pliers and re-attach them to the new battery, taking care to connect red (+) and black (-) wires to the terminals with the same color and marketings on the battery. If you have an internal battery you must remove the control panel and cover in order to replace the battery. Here are 2 videos that show how to do this:
You can also order the Spinfire Portable Battery Pack Upgrade to convert the Spinfire Pro 2 with internal battery to an External Battery Model.